Software Developer Information and Specifications
Specifications are provided for developers of software for electronically filing tax returns. This information is for:
- Commercial software vendors to create software for approval by the Department.
- Companies to develop in-house software applications for direct electronic filing of their tax returns.
- The Department is migrating its XML schemas and specifications to the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange System. For further information, see each tax section below.
- Corporate Income Tax
- The TY2020 schema and XPath have been posted to the State Exchange System.
- Software developers wishing to develop and test their product output for approval must submit an annual Software Development
Application (Form DR-600001 ). Assurance Testing System (ATS) support is provided starting October 2020 ending March 2021.
- Insurance Premium Tax
- Specifications for TY2020 are now available below.
All software developers must complete a Software Development Application
For information about developing filing software, contact the Business Technology Office at
email@example.com. If you are an authorized vendor, please include your software ID.
Communications Services Tax
Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Income Tax specifications are available through the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange System (SES). For access to
the Florida development folders, you must submit the Software Development Application
) on an annual basis for each tax year.
Insurance Premium Tax
Motor Fuel Tax
Sales and Use Tax, Solid Waste Surcharge and/or E911 Fee