Software Developer Information and Specifications
Specifications are provided for developers of software for electronically filing tax returns. This information is for:
- Commercial software vendors to create software for approval by the Department.
- Companies to develop in-house software applications for direct electronic filing of their tax returns.
- The Department is migrating its tax specifications to the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange System, beginning
with the corporate income tax specifications.
- The Department is migrating its file and pay application for terminal suppliers and operators from Electronic Data Interchange
(EDI) to Extensible Markup Language (XML). Beginning January 2, 2019, software providers and in-house developers are invited to begin
building and testing an output file using the new filing format. Starting July 1, 2019, terminal suppliers and operators should begin
testing the new output file for accuracy and mapping verification. The migration from EDI to XML should be completed no later than
December 31, 2019. Beginning March 1, 2020, the Department will no longer accept returns submitted using an EDI format. Instructions
for filing your terminal supplier or operator report using an XML format are now available, see the Motor Fuel Tax section below.
- Sales and use tax, solid waste surcharge, and E911 fee 2019 specifications are now available.
- Effective January 1, 2019, the state sales tax rate on the lease or rental of commercial real property will decrease from 5.8% to
5.7%. (Local option discretionary sales surtax continues to apply.) Specifications are provided below.
All software developers must complete a Software Development Application
For information about developing filing software, contact the Business Technology Office at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an authorized vendor, please include your software ID.
Communications Services Tax
Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Income Tax specifications are available through the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange System (SES). For access, email a request to
email@example.com. If you are an
authorized vendor, please include your software ID.
Insurance Premium Tax
Motor Fuel Tax
Sales and Use Tax, Solid Waste Surcharge and/or E911 Fee