Software Developer Information and Specifications
Specifications are provided for developers of software for electronically filing tax returns. This information is for:
- Commercial software vendors to create software for approval by the Department.
- Companies to develop in-house software applications for direct electronic filing of their tax returns.
- Effective January 1, 2018, the state sales tax rate on the lease or rental of commercial real property will decrease from 6% to 5.8%. (Local option discretionary
sales surtax continues to apply.) Specifications are provided below.
- Corporate income tax 2017 specifications are now available.
- Reemployment tax corrected reports (RT-8A) can now be uploaded using SecureNet. Developer testing continues to be available. Specifications are provided below.
- Insurance premium tax specifications are now available.
- All specifications include updated documentation and instructions.
All software developers must complete a Software Development Application
For information about developing filing software, contact the Business Technology Office at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an authorized vendor, please include your software ID.
Communications Services Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Insurance Premium Tax
Motor Fuel Tax
- Motor and Other Fuel Taxes EDI Technical Implementation Guide
(Form DR-309650 ) - Includes requirements for creating return files, user instructions and procedures for filing
both a test and a production return.
Test scripts are for taxpayers who have only filed zero returns or reports and software developers who would like to test their system. Details may be found in the
Exceptions code lists are for use in conjunction with submission manifests.
Sales and Use Tax, Solid Waste Surcharge and/or E911 Fee