Import File Information for Individuals/Taxpayers
This page is designed for taxpayers who would prefer to import schedule information rather than manually keying data into the website. It includes links to information you will need to create and import files through Revenue's Internet site. If you have questions about a specific tax, you may view detailed information on the tax information pages.
Import file specifications for the following taxes:
- Communications services tax [PDF] — The option to import communications services tax (CST) schedules is now available on the website for your filing convenience.
- Insurance Premium tax [PDF] — Beginning 01/18/2011, the option to import Insurance Premium tax (IPT) DR908 schedules 12 and 13 will be available on the website for your filing convenience.
- Reemployment (formerly unemployment) tax
- Wholesale/Importers, Petroleum Carriers, Exporters, & Blenders [PDF]
- Local Government and Mass Transit [PDF]
- Alcoholic Beverages/Tobacco Products Annual Report
- Fixed length flat file specifications [PDF] (Posted 6/27/2012)
- Excel Template (Posted 09/12/2016)
- "ABT Template ALL" is for use with Microsoft Excel version 2007 or later. If you have more than 650 retailers to report, you must use this version of the template.
- "ABT Template03" is for use with Microsoft Excel version 2003 or earlier.
- Note: This file is being distributed as a Zip archive to make it easier for downloading. If you do not have a "zip" file extractor installed on your computer, you may download WinZip from their site.
Once electronic returns are created they must be transmitted to the Department electronically. Commercial vendor software generally includes this functionality. Direct filers must use one of the prescribed methods for file transmission.